The point is this:

a) Setting up the hardware is as simple as loading a device tree overlay
that has already been written for, and is included with all modern
beaglebone Debian images.
b) Once you learn which file to read from, and how to use Nodejs to read
from a file. You'll never run into these problems again.

My own Implementation from github:
https://github.com/wphermans/Bonejs/blob/master/adc.js

Yes, only 15 lines of code, it is that easy. But of course, you're going to
have to add a few lines of code for program flow, and logic, etc.

Anyway, maybe in the future you do want to use Jason's bonescript, that's
fine. I'm not trying to dissuade you from using bonescript. It has a lot of
features I did not add into my own code. But if you just need something
simple to just read from a couple channels ADC . . . you do not need all
that fluff.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpbmU49KAP0YV1GS1tCFb3hvtQBQFwz3yz-HzieLRE98w%40mail.gmail.com.