On 05/16/17 16:56, ercolano7...@gmail.com wrote:
> I did notice a few error messages using the OP's disk image + script..
> While the script ran, I saw these errors scroll by -- is this something I
> should ignore?
> [..]
> Unpacking linux-image-4.4.27-ti-r62 (1jessie) ...
> Setting up linux-image-4.4.27-ti-r62 (1jessie) ...
> Error! Error! Your kernel headers for kernel 4.4.27-ti-r62 cannot be found.
>           <--
> Please install the linux-headers-4.4.27-ti-r62 package,
>           <--
> or use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located
>           <--
> Your kernel headers for kernel 4.4.27-ti-r62 cannot be found.
>           <--
> Please install the linux-headers-4.4.27-ti-r62 package,
>           <--
> or use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located
>           <--
> Error! Your kernel headers for kernel 4.4.27-ti-r62 cannot be found.
>           <--
> Please install the linux-headers-4.4.27-ti-r62 package,
>           <--
> or use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located
>           <--
>[..]

     I think the solution here would be to include an "apt-get" in the prep
script
     before this point to install the correct linux-headers-x.x.xxxx package,
based
     on whatever new kernel was found during the upgrade process.

     In my case, after the reboot, I noticed the active kernel was the new one
     the prep script downloaded (4.4.27), as reported by 'uname -r'..
     so this seemed to be the appropriate command to install those headers:

        apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`

     I'll see if I can work that into the prep_pru.sh script, and supply a
patch.
     I imagine I'll have to replace the `uname -r` with the downloaded linux
image value,
     as at that time the script is running, 'uname -r' will report the wrong
kernel version.

     I should probably re-do the imaging procedure, and re-run the prep script
     from scratch with the change applied, as I'm not sure the prep_pru.sh
script
     is designed to handle being run more than once (at least, not in its
current
     incarnation, as it appears to append to .bashrc and /etc/rc.local without
checking
     if the mods are already there..)

     Will try to follow up with what I find..

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/591B96AE.8090805%40seriss.com.