> On Oct 29, 2018, at 10:16 PM, devonadai...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for sending me those projects! I will take a look over those tomorrow
> during class!
>
> The project i am doing is a graduation cap led matrix for a class I am in.
> More info here:
> https://elinux.org/ECE497_Project_-_LED_Matrix_Graduation_Cap. The page isn't
> complete yet but has a link of what we are trying to do. Feel free to follow
> our progress if you want.
>
> The adapter is Realtek RTL8188CUS i think. How do i see what drivers are
> installed and how to install them if i need to?

rtl8188cus is not one of them.  :(

Two options:
1) Use a different adapter if you have one available.

2) Flip to the kernel adapters and hope it works for your use case.   With FPP
2.0/2.1 images, the setting was on the FPP Setting page.  With 2.2 and 2.3, the
setting is on the Network settings page.

> I will try the Linux drivers option tomorrow. Where on the network page can i
> find the network name/ password? Is that under the tether?

No.  Once you get it to recognize the wlan0 device, you would select it from
the list box of devices and then the SSID and password fields will appear.
Your need to get wlan0 found first though.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
d...@kulp.com <mailto:d...@kulp.com> - http://dankulp.com/blog