On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 20:48:49 +0530, in gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user
Pankaj Rai <pamkajkumar64-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>Is there any way we can update the eMMC OS? So that it may able to connect
>to 192.168.7.2 or 192.168.6.2 ( this is because somewhere i've seen that
>Linux system uses this ip to connect with BBB).

        It uses those addresses only for the USB Gadget. If your computer shows
an RNDIS device under network adapters (in device manager) you HAVE the
192.168.7.x connection. If (in a command prompt)

ssh debian@192.168.7.2

gives you a prompt for the beaglebone password
-=-=-=-
C:\Users\Wulfraed>ssh debian@192.168.7.2
The authenticity of host '192.168.7.2 (192.168.7.2)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is
SHA256:PLZds8/FuHaVEqsTatoE6YFgSC+cakdD0OfPqEoTDQ8.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? y
Please type 'yes' or 'no': yes
Warning: Permanently added '192.168.7.2' (ECDSA) to the list of known
hosts.
Debian GNU/Linux 10

BeagleBoard.org Debian Buster IoT Image 2020-04-06

Support: http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian

default username:password is [debian:temppwd]

debian@192.168.7.2's password:
-=-=-=-
then you HAVE a connection.

        The problem you are having is that your host computer is not a router,
and is NOT passing traffic from the BBB to the WiFi. You have to configure
your host computer to route traffic between the WiFi and the device. Open
"Network & Internet Settings" -- does it show more than one network? (I
have "Ethernet" [my cable to router] and "Ethernet 2" [the BBB USB
connection]). If it does, try...

Click "Network and Sharing Center"

Click on the blue "connection" for your primary network (mine shows
"Ethernet", yours might show WiFi -- I'm not going to try to activate WiFi
for mine).

Click "Properties", Click on the "Sharing" tab

[X] Allow other network users to connect through the computer's Internet
connection.

Home networking connection: select the BBB (mine is Ethernet 2)

        The above steps /might/ activate ICS for that linkage. I repeat that I
have never used ICS myself.

--
Dennis L Bieber