On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:59 PM jonnymo <jonnym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Debian might be the preferred OS for Debian based embedded systems, but in my
> world Red Hat is the Linux OS of choice.
>
> If you are cross compiling, it really should not make a diff what the host OS
> is. I can do this on Windows 10.  In this case, Debian just makes it easier
> since you can install the toolchain directly via apt. If one uses something
> like Ubuntu, it's just a bit more work but not impossible.

Part of what Derek was showing in his book, it was a library
"matching" cross compiling..

As long as your running Debian 9.x on the Beagle, and Debian 9.x on
your x86 host, you can install the gcc Debian cross tools and build
against your "armhf" libraries on x86, and your application will have
the exact same library build version on the ARM Beagle..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/