On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 1:59:38 AM UTC+2, jonnymo wrote:

> Debian might be the preferred OS for Debian based embedded systems, but in
> my world Red Hat is the Linux OS of choice.
>
> If you are cross compiling, it really should not make a diff what the host
> OS is. I can do this on Windows 10.  In this case, Debian just makes it
> easier since you can install the toolchain directly via apt. If one uses
> something like Ubuntu, it's just a bit more work but not impossible.
>
> Jon

Yes, I also agree with that. That's why I want to continue with Ubuntu (at
least give it a few tries).
I added the repositories from the link Robert provided in one of  previous
messages:
sources.list
<https://gist.github.com/josephlr/5034c933bbcfddc25a9275037821b048>

Unfortunately it didn't help.

Concerning your propositions from previous mail (i.e. options 1 ... 4) I
just remark that cross toolchain works fine: I can build applications and
then run them on BBB.
The problem is mostly related to Ubuntu. But maybe it's not too serious.