On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 09:30:53 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Walter Cromer
<walterc-2dFtBuzUeF/tpnmuczy8bueocmrvl...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>We are still experimenting but our preliminary calculations lead us to
>believe a reading every 50 microseconds will be sufficient. We can probably
>get by with 100 microseconds if we have to but I think the BBBw can easily
>sample at this rate, right?

        Well, the SoC reference (SPRS717J) indicates that the ADC should be
capable of 200K samples per second. If I haven't flubbed the math, that
appears to come down to one sample every 5us.

        As I recall, the PRU runs on a 200MHz clock, and PRU instructions, for
the most, run in one clock cycle. Should be enough cycles per sample to
handle processing <G>

        Of course, it may matter how you have the ADC programmed.

--
Dennis L Bieber