From: 'Mark Lazarewicz' via BeagleBoard [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com]
Sent: May-24-21 10:58 AM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [beagleboard] Re: Reducing Boottime in Beaglebone Black

John

Ohh boy you got me started now. My Verizon hotspot jetpack  (my 3rd purchase)
resets very frequently sometimes 4 time's rebooting during important updates to
my online database of vinyl. It also Freeze's up after 2 years intermittently
for days. Linux and poor design. I suspect it's the wifi radio and software
interface to Linux GUI. Has to be a serious bug to reset Chip. No watchdog to
reset radio just goodbye reboot hello repeatedly.

Cheap design by some low payed QT PC programmer who's never seen an
oscilloscope in his life is my guess.

I read them the riot act at Verizon. The Verizon manager was a computer science
graduate who could not find a job 6 years ago.

Yes as consumer's we have to demand better and boycott bad engineering with our
wallets.

Rant over

Mark

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 12:32 PM, John Dammeyer