Ciao Stefano,

On 19/01/2019 09:09, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Account completion works perfectly for me now. Ditto for indentation.
>
> The only glitch I've noticed is in the interaction between the two.
> Consider the case of a badly indented line: you hit TAB on it and it
> gets properly indented, if you hit TAB *again*, it will most often
> triggers account completion (e.g., when you're on a account line),
> generally overwriting the previous account name, which is generally not
> what you want.
>
> I've compared with the ledger-mode UX, and I think the key difference is
> that in ledger-mode account completion is triggered only when the cursor
> is at the end of the account name, not when it is anywhere else on an
> account line. I haven't checked how that is actually detected in the
> implementation though. I think it would make sense to do the same in
> beancount-mode.

I see the problem. Fixing this requires revisiting the beancount
completion function. It should not be difficult, but I don't know how it
is desirable to preserve the existing behavior.

I adjusted postings amount alignment to work similarly to how it works
in ledger-mode. However, I don't know if there is anyone relaying on the
current behavior, so I don't know if modifying it is a good idea.

Cheers,
Dan