Hi,
Today I'm starting development on Beancount v3.

This is going to be a pretty big change and will take a while.
I've laid down the details in this document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qPdNXaz5zuDQ8M9uoZFyyFis7hA0G55BEfhWhrVBsfc/
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qPdNXaz5zuDQ8M9uoZFyyFis7hA0G55BEfhWhrVBsfc/edit#>

This file describes the new set of dependencies for it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10R-msZljuqFY8nckUnR1jVxMX1ol7rJUCMZo7w7QUQs/
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10R-msZljuqFY8nckUnR1jVxMX1ol7rJUCMZo7w7QUQs/edit#>

And there is a dedicated installation file for the in-development version:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WwZYqsp28Uuk5eFqHQ1u1zqdjghymy8S_Yo-OJENoa4/
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WwZYqsp28Uuk5eFqHQ1u1zqdjghymy8S_Yo-OJENoa4/edit#>

The short version is that v3's core is going to be ported to C++ using a
Bazel build, and the codebase will be sectioned between core and the rest.
I just merged the new build definition in master.

The current head will be branched as "v2" and maintained stable.
It will build with both setup.py and Bazel.
Backward compatible fixes to it will be done there and merged into v3.
v3 development will occur on branch "master" and breaking changes will
occur there.

Comments appreciated (on the docs, or here if you prefer),