Dear all,

can somebody explain please in simple terms what is the meaning of *inventory
*and *position *in the situation, when no investment is involved and when I
only track expenses and incomes in different currencies?

I understand what is *transaction *and *posting*,  but for instance the
description in the help of *beanquery *still remains cryptic for me

  'SUM(Inventory)': Calculate the sum of the inventories. The result is an
    Inventory.
  'SUM(Position)': Calculate the sum of the position. The result is an
    Inventory.