On 31/01/24 18:31, Ouro Boros wrote:
Hi,

I am tryiung to install Beancount v3 using Bazel. I have gone through the installation instructions here <https://beancount.github.io/docs/installing_beancount_v3.html> and i have been stuck in `bazel build //bin:all` command.

The Bazel build for Beancount v3 builds some experimental C++ code that is not yet used for anything else than a technology demonstration. Martin run out of time for working on that and it is not really maintained.

If you just want to use Beancount v3 (and not hack on the C++ code) just install it as a regular Python package. The v3 branch uses meson-python to build the extension modules and pack them up in a Python wheel.

Cheers,
Dan