On Sat, Feb 3, 2024 at 7:24 AM Daniele Nicolodi <dani...@grinta.net> wrote:

> On 31/01/24 22:23, Chary Chary wrote:
> > Dan,
> >
> > I thought that the main idea of beancount v3 was migrating some
> > functionality to C++ to make the thing be faster.
> >
> > If this is not being done in beancount v3, are there any  other
> > improvements which make it worth using as an opposite to v2 at the
> moment?
>
> The C++ rewrite has seen significant progress but it has never landed in
> a form where it can be used from a beancount application.

That's correct. It stalled on two things:
- not much free time to play with open source anymore (sad)
- a decent kludge I had to make passing protobufs between Python and C++
got taken away in a change in protobuf itself
I've pretty much decided to explore Rust as an alternative (not much
progress, again, no time to play)