Martin,

thanks!

V3 seems to be working on Windows.

just cloned from github
then  py setup.py build_ext -i

For some reason regex module was not auto installed, so I had to pip
install it

when I run  py -3 -m pytest beancount  a lot of tests fail, but it looks
like a lot of them (if not all) are related to this
issue https://github.com/beancount/beancount/issues/222

Any way, in python *3.12* there is now new functionality
<https://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.12.html>, which allows to re-write
the tests in a way that they will work on Windows as well:

The tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile
<https://docs.python.org/3/library/tempfile.html#tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile>
function
has a new optional parameter delete_on_close ( gh-58451
<https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/58451>)

But this is only in 3.12

We will have to wait until you drop support for anything below 3.12?