Mark Mogridge wrote:
> I've noticed a number of titles produced by O'Reilly Books
> http://www.oreilly.com/
>
>  Advanced Perl Programming
>  CGI Programming with Perl, 2nd edition
>  Learning Perl, 2nd edition
>  Learning Perl/Tk
>  Perl Cookbook
>  Perl for System Administration
>  Perl in a Nutshell
>  Programming Perl, 3rd edition
>
> I can't comment - as I haven't read them.

The O'Reilly books are generally great. _Learning Perl_ (first
intro) and then _Programming Perl_ (takes it from there) are tops,
and the _Perl Cookbook_ a handy reference. Check them out at your
bookstore or library. Ask around... somebody near you has to have
a copy.

Oh, I just noticed this is the cgi list. Well, those books are
still good, although a CGI-oriented intro to perl might suit you
better. (That's how I learned: CGI was the carrot that got me on
the perl track.) I'm sure the O'Reilly book on CGI mentioned above
is great. I also recommend a sams.net book on CGI w/ perl, _Teach
Yourself CGI Programming with Perl 5 in a Week_ (I've also seen a
21-day version). I'm sure there are a mountain of other fine
books, but the ones you see listed here are some of the more
common in folk's libraries.

IMHO,
Christian

117 NW 15th Street # S107                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gainesville, FL  32603-1973                         (352) 392-0851