> although I *have*
> gotten into the habit of using "reply-all" instead of
> "reply-to", thus
> getting my mail out to its intended recipient, I receive
> multiple copies of
> the same post from other people who use "reply-all" and don't
> take out
> everybody's name from the To: field.  I have received as many
> as three
> copies of every message in a thread at times.  No wonder I
> download 200+
> messages a day from these two lists alone.
>
> If the list must be set to not mess with the reply-to field,
> could list
> members at least make sure that they cut out addresses from
> the To: field
> before sending their mail?

<uncloaking>

I think that this topic was chopped off in mid-stream on beginners. in
fact I unsubscribed because when I was active I was getting many
doubled posts a day from that list, on top of the normal traffic. very
annoying! I don't care what emailer you are using, there is no EASY
way to filter out the double postings & it is entirely too easy to do.
IMHO both lists are set up backwards from the myriad other lists I
belong to. most lists have the Reply field to be the reply to the
list, Reply All has the list AND the poster's address. thus you hit
Reply & post back to the list ONLY - which is what most people want to
do and what most posters want you to do. if you really WANT to reply
to the poster directly, something that is often not desired, you click

the way the list is configured now, if you click reply you will NOT
reply to the list at all. thi=us depriving the list members of seeing
the dialog. if you click Reply All, unless you make the effort to
delete the poster's address, they are going to get double postings.

I do not understand the reluctance of the monitors to make this
change.

<sigh>

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.