On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 01:18:37PM +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:
: I thought that the moderators had asked for these threads to be ceased.

Yes, we have.  This will be the last and final message on the
subject.  :)

: The number of emails on this topic, along with the ones on unsubscribing is
: getting unbelievable - I know, I've just $cout++'d this.
:
: I am on more lists than is good for me, and while some do add a prefix to the
: subject other don't.  It doesn not make any differece to me.  *NONE* of them
: have 'reply-to-list' set.  This also does not cause me a problem.

As I have voiced in the beginners-workers group, we all have to
remember that the beginners lists are set up exactly the same way as
the 100+ other Perl lists on perl.org.  We will not be helping
anybody, especially the beginners that want to explore further, by
changing the way these lists work.  The beginners-workers folks have
decided that the best solution is education.  We are going to be
documenting how to filter @perl.org mailing lists for as many MUAs as
we can get our hands on.  Please, if you feel like doing this, send
your documentation to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

: Please please PLEASE can we now stop these threads and let the list get on
: with what it's supposed to do which is help perl beginners get on with
: productive stuff.

Amen.  It is finished.  :)

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with Pascal
Same as Modula-2 except that the bullet is not the right type for the