I thought that the moderators had asked for these threads to be ceased.

The number of emails on this topic, along with the ones on unsubscribing is
getting unbelievable - I know, I've just $cout++'d this.

I am on more lists than is good for me, and while some do add a prefix to the
subject other don't.  It doesn not make any differece to me.  *NONE* of them
have 'reply-to-list' set.  This also does not cause me a problem.

Almost every mail client has filtering built in - even MS ones.  Use the 'To
or CC' filter as every mail you receive from this list will have 'beginners@'
or 'beginners-cgi@' in one of these fields.

The fact that I receive duplicate replies to my posts is also not annoying -
it makes it more likely that I see it.

Please please PLEASE can we now stop these threads and let the list get on
with what it's supposed to do which is help perl beginners get on with
productive stuff.

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn