On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 12:34:12PM +0200, Aaron Craig wrote:
: You are correct that loading CGI.pm is going to make very little difference
: in the overall time it takes to run your project.  But, I find it good
: programming practice to be as efficient as possible -- even if the
: difference is negligible.

I would suggest that the most efficient approach might be to import
just one symbol from CGI.pm, explicitly.  Now, Aaron, I'm not saying
you are wrong, however, I do suggest that we encorage standards for
beginners.

In light of the above, ensuring your code won't break *and* that you
get only what you need, try the following:

  use CGI qw( params );

This ensured that you only get the params() function for handling
simple form submissions and none of the extra stuff gets played with.

  Casey West

--
"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn
better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible."