>CGI.pm isn't the only solution to creating dynamic web pages with Perl.
>Text::Template is another alternative, as are embedded Perl
>implementations like Apache::ASP, Mason, or even PerlScript (for IIS).

.... my point.  I still need to be able to access form data passed through and have an
easy way to get/set cookies.

As far as the "embedded" implementations you suggest, they are tied to platforms which
is no good.  Specifically, I cannot (and refuse) to justify the cost of hiring someone
to administer Apache or IIS, simply because it's absolutely unnecessary.  Web
applications should be as portable as the web.  (I speak from a mostly intranet
development perspective, although I would feel exactly the same way when it came time
to port my personal website to a different hosting company.)

Jason.