Hi Shannon,

This script works for me (IE and NS) and as you can see it is a compilation of
several hints posted on this list :)

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -T

print "Content-type: application/x-foobar\n\n";

$file = $ENV{PATH_INFO};
$file =~ s/[^\w.-]+//g;

$file = "/somedir/download/$file";

open(DOWNLOAD,"<$file") || die "could not open file for download.\n";
while(<DOWNLOAD>) {
  print $_;
}
close(DOWNLOAD);

exit;

You should be able to download files from /somedir/download/ using URL:
http://www.hostname.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi/file.txt. Hope it works for
you too.

tchau
Jan-Willem