On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Barrie Heck wrote:

> We fully respect the conditions of the GPL and in fact have contributed
> greatly ourselves towards the development of applications based on perl, as
> well as many others. This specific requirement is security related, where a
> user with any intelligence, could read the source and make use of a security
> issue created by using sudo.

Well, you have that same problem with every single shell script on the
same box.  If it's a security issue, then the use of sudo needs to be
restricted.  There really isn't a good way to hide code with Perl, unless
you create intentionally obfuscated code when you deploy the software.

-- Brett

                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/