From: Yegneshwar Virupakshan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 12:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DBI

Hi Guys,
I have problem in connecting to Oracle using the DBD::Oracle module.

I have installed the following components in my PC.
1. Oracle 8i client
2. ActivePerl 5.6.1.630
3. DBI using ppm3
4. DBD-Oracle using ppm3

I can do tnsping to the Oracle Server and also connect to it using
sqlplus session.

But when I connect to Oracle Server using a small perl program, it
gives the following error.

------------------
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Orac
le.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file:One of the library files
needed to run
 this application cannot be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line
206.
 at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where
expected
 at a1.pl line 5

The Oracle.dll which the error mentions is present in the required
directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Yegi