Thanks for your suggestions. I went back and tried some of them with no luck
I'm afraid. Here's my code as it is now:

print table({-border=>'1', -align=>'CENTER', -valign=>'TOP'},
            Tr({-align=>'CENTER', -valign=>'TOP'},
                [
                th(\@columns),
                td(\@data)
                ]
            )
        )

I tried using map as suggested by Briac Pilpré, but that gave the same output.

Here's an example of what the arrays could contain from a PostgreSQL table
called "Components" (stored as "text" within the DB):

@columns:
Subtype
Type
Components

@data:
Celeron 766
Computer
Lots of stuff
Pentium 2
Computer
More Stuff

I've checked the contents of each array (by printing them to the browser) and
they seem correct.

Here I want a table 3 columns across and "x" rows down, but what I get is 3
columns across, and @data scpread out across one row. Another table may
require 5 columns across. Problem is I don't know how to code the correct way
using CGI.pm.

Thanks,

Gerry.