From: "Todd Wade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2002 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: Write permissions and other rights

"Octavian Rasnita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
003d01c1e8db$f6df0f60$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:003d01c1e8db$f6df0f60$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hi all,
>
> Please tell me how should I set the rights for some files and folders in
my
> web page:

First of all, this has nothing to do with perl, but....

I really think you should learn for yourself how the unix permission system
works instead of simply asking for someone you dont even know to tell you
what to set them to.

If I said make all your directories and cgi programs 777 and all your text
files 666 you would do it, and then your files would be sitting ducks for
attack.

A better thing for you to do would be to study the permission system then
if/when you have a question, contact the proper newsgroup and say, "If I set
the permissons of abc.txt to XXX, does that mean that a, b, and c could
happen?"

trwww