From: Fred Sahakian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 2:19 PM
To: <
Subject: HTML in E-mail

What am doing wrong?  Im try to send an e-mail that will appear as formatted
HTML, Im missing something but dont know what.  In my example below I have a
hyperlink which I would like to appear as HTML and a font color, but they
appear in the e-mail as raw HTML, what am I leaving out?  A Mime?:

open(MAIL,"|$mailprog -t");
print MAIL "To: $comm\@courts.state.ny.us\n";
print MAIL "From: fsahakia\
@courts.state.ny.us\n";
print MAIL "Subject: Forwarded \n";
print MAIL "This person has requested \n";

print MAIL "<font color=red>test text</font><a
href="http://www.SOMETHING.COM";>LINK</A>\n";

print MAIL "County: $contents{'county'}
Name: $contents{'first'} $contents{'last'}
Address: $contents{'street'} $contents{'city'}
$contents{'zip'}
Date of Birth: $contents{'month'}
$contents{'day'} $contents{'year'}
Home Telephone: $contents{'htel'}