So, in post after post after post I see the comment "always use strict"...

I have seen threads where people are insulted because they dont...

Every perl tutorial I've seen says you should always "use strict"...

It apparently doesnt slow down code execution...

If you dont "use strict", the perl monks will come and flay you...

All of this begs the obvious question(s)...

Why the hell isnt "use strict" built into the language?  Why doesnt perl just
do all that automatically?

just a question

Cheers
J-