Teddy --

...and then Octavian Rasnita said...
%
% Hi all,

Hello!

%
% I want to start learning a database that works with Perl but I would like to
% learn a database that works under Windows and Unix also.

mysql is a lean, fast, excellent choice.  I'm looking into the same sort
of question, though, and have found that mysql is not relational (and
also takes some other shortcuts), and so if you just want *a* database
it's fine but if you want to learn on one so that you can grow into
another PostgreSQL might be better; it's relational and much more like
the big guys.  It is, of course, available for Linux, and although I
don't know about a native Win32 port I do know that it's now available
under Cygwin.

%
% Is there such a thing?

Of course :-)

% Of course, I would like to  learn something as simple as possible because I
% am a beginner in Perl.

If you *really* want to keep it simple, be sure to use DBI and do your
calls through there so that you don't go falling off into specifics of
each database.  From what I've found, DBI code is extremely portable,
while writing your own SQL gets messy.

%
% Thank you.

HTH & HAND