Hi all,

Having spoken to consultants/teachers that  I know, their experience matches
my own.

When teaching, they prefer PHP. When programming they prefer Perl.

It's basically horses for courses.  I use PHP for what it's always been
designed for which is creating dynamic web content.  For application
development (batch, console, complex CGI etc) I use Perl.

The big advantage here is that wil PostgreSQL being the back end I can easily
combine both languages in a project as appropriate.

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn