on Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:37:46 GMT, John Brooking wrote:

> [...]
> If it's something about the internals that only
> the developer needs to know, such as more explanation
> of a particularly gnarly algorithm, then it needn't
> and probably shouldn't be POD. Don't confuse your
> audience with things they don't need to know.

But then you could always use

    =for those_interested_in_the_nifty_algorithm

    Explanation of the nifty algorithm

    =cut

    # rest of code

which will never show up in a pod2something translation.
I tend to use this only to (temporary) comment out large chunks of code
though. For 'real' comments, I always use #.

--
felix