I tend to always use CGI.pm to get the parameters, but
I may or may not use it to output HTML. If it's simple
HTML, I will, because it's easier and safer, but if
it's complicated, like a lot of JavaScript in the
header, or for most form input controls, I just use
print statements, either normal ones for one or two
lines, or the <<END form for larger sections.

The other day I found myself using mostly one large
<<END statement, with variables embedded to insert the
results that I had calculated earlier. At some point,
I realized I was approaching the concept used by
HTML::Template, except that I had both code and
presentation in one source file rather than splitting
it. Different techniques for different situations.

- John

=====
"Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want; or, I'm still
alive, and there's nothing I want to do." - They Might Be Giants, http://www.tmbg.com