Hi all,

I've made a little script that takes the lines from a file, removes the
dupplicate lines and prints the result to a new file.
I've read the original file line by line because it is a big file (over 7
MB).
The problem is that after printing almost 10% from the original file into
the new file, the script dies and the only error I get in the log file is:

[Mon Jul 15 14:44:48 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: clean.pl

I've checked the original file to see if there are  some strange characters
in that line, or in the next one, but I haven't found something that might
cause  that problem.

Please tell me why is the script dying only after it runs for a few minutes,
and after writing  over 11000 lines, and not from the beginning, if there is
a problem with the script.

Can you find any problems with my scriptt?

Thank you very very much!

Here is the script:

#!/perl/bin/perl -w

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

#The original file:
my $file = "f:/teddy/data/er.txt";
#The result:
my $out = "f:/teddy/data/er_new_good.txt";

#Create the result file (empty):
open (OUT, ">$out");
print OUT "";
close OUT;

#Open the original file:
open (FILE, $file);
line: while (<FILE>) {
my $line = $_;

#Open the result file:
open (OUT, "$out");
while (<OUT>) {

#Checks if the line from the original file exists in the result file:
if ($line eq $_) {
#If  the line exists, jump back and read the next line from the original
file:
next line;
}
else {
#Read the next line from the result file:
next;
}
#End while for the result file:
}
close OUT;

#Open the result file and append the line that was not found:
open (OUT, ">>$out");
print OUT $line;
close OUT;
#Close the while loop for the original file:
}

Teddy Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]