Hi,

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> I've made a little script that takes the lines from a file, removes the
> dupplicate lines and prints the result to a new file.
> The problem is that after printing almost 10% from the original file into
> the new file, the script dies and the only error I get in the log file is:
> [Mon Jul 15 14:44:48 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
> script headers: clean.pl
>
> #!/perl/bin/perl -w
>
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

I'm not sure why you are doing this.  You never output anything to
the web page aside  from the header.  Did you want this to be a web
application?  If so, you know the web server needs the correct
permissions to manipulate the files.  You would catch permission problems
if you check the error return $! from your open statements.  That's
always a wise thing to do.

As for editing files, take a look at Tie::File.

-lisa