From: "Rene Verharen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Beginners-CGI List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: CGI scripts permissions

Hi,

At 24-12-2002 18:09 +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

>Please tell me what file permissions should I use for a CGI script.

chmod 755

>Can I deny other users to see the content of the cgi-bin directory (chmod
>700) and chmod 755 only the files?

Put a index.cgi in your cgi-bin directory that routes the users to your
homepage.  I did this whith all my directories with no index.html in it.

 >> Begin index.cgi

#!/usr/local/perl
$detour = '/somedirectorie/welcom.html';
print "Location: $detour\n";
print "Content-Type: text/html\n";
print "\n";

 >> End of index.cgi

Any comments are welcome.

Kind regards,

Rene Verharen

Please DO NOT reply to me personally.  I'll get my copy from the list.