On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 05:12 pm, Greenhalgh David wrote:

<Snip all kinds of useful stuff>

Each directory then has at least

        a. index.cgi
        b. Vert_nav managing cgi
        c. Main_data managing cgi

and other pieces of CGI code that are the worker bee's
for that level of the problem....

HTH.

Drieux/Kristofer

You guys are going to have to send me invoices at this rate!

That does indeed help. What I decided to do (and then confirmed when I read these posts) was instead of trying to call a frame from the original script, print a new frame set with the vertical nav being a cgi with the necessary "personalising" stuff passed in the URL and the main frame being the default CGI that shows up when nothing else interesting is happening. This at least works in all my test browsers which is more than can be said for the -target method in CGI.pm which defeats Safari.

Spoke too soon. I'm back to an older problem now. The site I'm doing is bilingual in English and Japanese. Since I haven't figured out how to output Japanese from the CGI I had made a work around by generating all the forms in plain old html, so generating everything from within CGI doesn't work :S

Dave