drieux wrote:

Todd either Paused for more MountainDew or had a Moment:
[..]

Those last two paragraphs were total rant, and I probably
have no idea what I'm talking about, but they are getting posted anyway ;0)

[..]

I would like be so totally opposed to your
position if it were not for most of the dark horror
of where I so totally agree with you....

But First off - COOL RANT!

p0: let us not confused science, technology and VOODOO.
Computer Science is wonderful for providing a theoretical
intellectual underpinning to hashing algorithms, while
a specific instance of that as a technology of course
is perl's 'hash' data structure, the actual 'coolness'
of course lies in using it in strange and arcane ways
that border on Voodoo.

bless this ref...

p1: Your complaint, amusement, at the gooder and
badder of Perl's OO modality, and it's usefulness
with providing 'name space management' is <phrase_here>.

return $ref_to_hash_of_function_refs ;

p2: I am very nervous that folks are noticing that
at present PHP is not supportive of MVC as a design
pattern - and that may be a limiting factor - but as
you have also noted, given the gaggelation of globulated
together 'stuff' - eg: ASP+HTML+SQL - this means that
there are still great employment opportunities refactoring
that stuff into maintainable code. So we should support
the spread of PHP without MVC as a basis for more work
refactoring the code???

return unless defined( $ref );

p3: When folks go back and review when HTTP 1.1 came out,
and when further work on HTML 4.0 ceased in favor of
XHTML and the quest for tokens with X in it, a part of
the problem was a complete lack of any unifying standard
and/or any real idea what the core technologies are/were/willbe...

die "undefined token" unless $web_service->reality_check(@cosmic_void);

p4: given that hacking in perl does not require MVC as
a design pattern, but one can learn the hard way to support it....

ciao
drieux

---

Okay, this is a beginner's list. What the hell is MVC? How do you hash an algorithm?

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]