From: Andrew Brosnan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 11:20 AM
To: Camilo Gonzalez; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Mail::Send question

On 8/4/03 at 11:06 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Camilo Gonzalez) wrote:

> I sometimes wonder if all this shielding of intricacies is necessarly
> a good thing. Shouldn't I know how to use sendmail? I guess I'm a DIY
> kind of guy and I want to know how sendmail works. Fine, if a module
> makes it all easier, I'll certainly use it. But I want to know how
> the abstraction occurs. What happens if the module I'm using in lieu
> of sendmail is buggy and I have no idea why or how to circumvent the
> problem? Do I have control issues?

Fine, go get the SendMail book, rent a truck to bring it home in, spend
the next six years reading it, the next six after that trying to
understand it, an additional two years familiarizing yourself with any
updates, and then you will be ready to begin writing the code that
someone else has already written ;-)

Seriously, it has an arguably well earned reputation as being a bit,
uhmm...difficult to master, and unless you really *want* to be a
sendmail expert I think you will find one of the Mail:: modules will
work nicely.

Andrew

--
The box said 'Windows XP or better' so I chose Mac OS X.