On Thursday, Sep 11, 2003, at 05:51 US/Pacific, fliptop wrote: [..]
drieux - since no one has responded, i'll take a stab at some of the
issues you bring up.
[..]

Thanks for the feed back.

In the code that I implemented, I did not use the Closure
to 'wrap' my Package - but I think as a 'GP safety' I
probably would, in case I needed to have variables that
belonged in the Package Space as you noted.

The second thing that SMACKED ME upside the head as I
was working out 'what is the ugly here'?

simply because

$obj->can($do);

does not mean

$obj->should($do);

The problem I am looking for in my should() method
is a programatic way to solve Which Method to invoke
the correct sub to deal with a query string. I have
a tough enough time keeping my code in line as it is,
I really do not want it to be reading POD when it should
be working and generating HTML.... 8-)

My traditional trick is of the form

my $qs = make_hash_of_query_string($request);
my $actions = {....}; # the hash of subs
my $callForm = $qs->{'callForm'} || 'main_display'; # get the callForm parameter

        my $page = (defined($action->{'callForm'}) ? # is it defined
                $action->{'callForm'}->($qs) :
                main_display($qs);

Which of course requires me to maintain the Hash of $actions
so that I 'register' by hand, each of the Subs that SHOULD
be used in the cgi code. A problem that I do not escape
if I have to maintain a similar list of which 'callForms'
are legitimate tokens to be returned from the browser.

So while the UNIVERSAL::can is able to check for a
given 'symbol' and return a reference to it.... I was
sorta wanting something that would return a list of all
of the symbols that would return something in can()...
So that I could keep the list of 'But Not These'...
Which is merely the reverse, and perchance Worse notion
since the maintanance of that DarkUgly has to know all
of the things to exclude... To cite the Immortals

"Run Away!!!!!"

ciao
drieux

---

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]