Apache Error Log: "premature end of script headers"

Thanks,

Sara.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wiggins d'Anconia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "beginperl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 3:45 AM
Subject: RE: Perl/Linux problem.

:
: ------------------------------------------------
: On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:37:05 +0500, "Sara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:
: > I recently installed RH 9.0 on my machine with pre-configured Apache and
Perl.
: >
: > I made a simple script "HELLO WORLD" to check the Perl and it gave me a
continuous error for "500 Internal Server Error" and "Premature End of
Script Headers".
: >
: > I double checked the perl path, permissions, httpd.conf etc, everything
looks fine, ran the script in terminal (perl -wc)  and it produced desired
output, verified the syntax is ok and there is no problem with this 3 line
script, but in the browser it again failed to run.
: >
: > I thought another way of testing it, Using LAN (and samba) I copied a
simple script from my Windows machine to Apache and ran that script and
amazingly it ran without any problem (both in terminal and mozilla)
: >
: > So, what I have assumed that there must be some problem with scripts
that I am writing in the Linux environment. I am using text editor of Linux
(gedit) for saving the scripts. I am at a loss now as what I am doing wrong.
The simple scripts like 'Hello world' written in gedit failed to run (in
browser only) but a bit complex script imported from Windows XP is runing
smoothly?????
: >
: > Do I need to change the text editor for Linux, if yes, what are the
recommendations?
: >
: > Thanks for any input.
: >
:
: What does the Apache error log have in it?  Usually that is the best way
to tell exactly waht the error is.
:
: Without that all the claims you make to checking everything are
suspect....
:
: http://danconia.org