On Fri, 14 May 2004 09:55:15 +0100
David Dorward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 14 May 2004, at 09:45, Alexander Blüm wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 May 2004 09:25:27 +0100
> > David Dorward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >cgi>> script with details. My problem is that you can see all of the
>
> > better yet:
> > use SSL (I mean the apache module) or any other secure data
> > transport layer.
>
> That would be a good way to protect the information from third
> parties, I thought the question was about hiding it from the user.
>
> --
> David Dorward
>       <http://dorward.me.uk/>
> <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>

ok, then have embedded datablocks of encrypted values and use the
perl<-->javascript solution. it is one of many possibilities. this way
you restrict the user to use a javascript capable browser.

another way would be to use java applets. bad choice, though. ;)

if you use the js<-->perl solution, you'll have to invent a algorithm
yourself. if you're dealing with not-the-smartest users, then a rot13
might do. and you'll have to use the POST method.
for stronger encryption go here:
http://www.vidwest.com/crypt/

 cheers,
  Alex