Basically I am going to turn some funny characters into HTML entities
using the aforementioned HTML::Entities so I can display them in a
HTML page.  I therefore need to accept them, but also the other chars.
I don't want to allow people posting dodgy stuff that is going to be
damaging...

As far as I am aware HTML::Entities will only turn characters into
their HTML entity equivalent and vice versa, depending on the function
used, correct?

Does this explain?  I'm afraid my explanations are somewhat cryptic
sometimes - sorry.

--
Oh is this the way they say the future's meant to feel,
Or just 20,000 people standing in a field