Chris Devers wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

I can't see what this has to do with HTML parsing.

The immediate problem has nothing to do with parsing, but it seemed like some of the suggestions given were starting to go in that direction.

Maybe.

The reason for my remark is that I have noticed that quite a few Perl
programmers start yelling "HTML::Parser" or "XML::Parser" etc. as soon
as they get sight of a couple of angle brackets. Personally I have
never had a reason to consider the use of such a module, and I don't
question that it's advisable to use them when you are about to parse a
web page that you have picked up from the web. However, there are
cases with more trivial tasks where I have a feeling that you might
overdo it by using a parsing module. (Provided, of course, that you
know regular expressions well enough.)

And in this case there wasn't even a parsing problem involved. ;-)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson