Recently I jumped in to the list and gave a correct answer, but unfortunately not really appropriate answer to the question asked. I took the 'Beginners' adjective for this list too seriously.

Hence, to keep myself out of trouble, I think it is time to get another book on CGI for perl to study this topic in greater depth. I have been spending time in a book store and researching further using Google and I have run across a title that may be appropriate. The title is: "CGI Programming 101: Programming Perl for the WWW" and is a 2004 publication. The first 6 chapters are on line, so I can get some idea of the book's value by going through those chapters. However, there is a reader's review of the first edition that seems to ring true and, moreover, is not complimentary. That reader maintains the first 40 pages are good, but due to the choice of using the CGI package only modestly devalues the contents. The other four reviewers were much more taken with this book.

I wonder has anyone here read this title and would they be willing to give an evaluation, having someone in mind that has only had a brief introduction to perl's cgi scripting?

TIA