Chris Devers wrote:
if you need a speed boost then the best strategies are to [a] use a
smaller subset of CGI.pm,

Does that really make a lot of difference? In this benchmark: http://groups.google.se/groups?selm=bp9hb9%241kv1vv%241%40ID-184292.news.uni-berlin.de I used the smallest possible subset, and CGI.pm still appeared to be absurdly slow. Or are you saying that, given that the module is already loaded, using all the HTML generating stuff would consume significantly more CPUs?

[c] use mod_perl.

If you use mod_perl, you don't need to compile CGI.pm (or anything else) everytime a script is invoked, so in that respect I can understand what you mean. But would mod_perl have a significant impact on speed in any other respect? Isn't it still a set of code that shall be executed?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson