Chris Devers wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Btw, wonder how the autoloading affects that. I mean, when
running under mod_perl, you normally *want* everything to be
loaded at the start of the server, right?

Well, everything you're likely to use, yeah.

There doesn't seem to be much point in loading code that you never
use.

No, of course not.

Is there any way to enforce that for a module that makes use of autoloading? Or is there anything 'magic' in CGI.pm that disables
autoloading when run under mod_perl?

Well, you can run a startup script to load scripts & the modules they use when Apache is launched.

I know, but my point is whether I'm able to load methods via startup.pl that would not normally be loaded at compile time when a module with autoloading is used by a plain CGI script.

Or maybe I'd better study those articles you pointed me at... :)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson