Jimmy George wrote:
Hello MNibble

As a couple of other writers have said. Why are you using 'HTML FRAMES'
and JavaScript to load them?

Get a book on CSS and read it carefully. Then try a few things. Use
XHTML preferably and it is all done on 'the user side'. That one CSS
file can describe every page you want to have displayed - including
links. And you can have multiple css files on your site.

All you need to do is write that CSS file and then have each (X)HTML
page refer to one or the other of your CSS files. The one you need for
'THAT PARTICULAR PAGE'.

CGI should be kept for the server side manipulations of user data. Which
is secure.

The manipulation of FRAMES from CGI is a waste of time. And where I live
with a standard link speed of 1.2Kb/sec speed means a lot to me.

YES - No Broadband.

cheers from James

I won't say you are wrong, since you are right.I (please don't throw stones or bits at me) already use css und div span and stuff like that and if it is called xhtml that's fine for me, but i have this one iframe which has two frames in it. I know i can be done without this frame stuff. The CGI stuff i use is for data preparation and mixing on other servers and some databases. And since CGI is already in use, i like to draw the page with it, this way i don't have to do to many nasty dirty html stuff.

Broadband is only a minor thread since, the 'web app' is for lan only.

Thx anyway

MNibble