Hi all,

I'm a newbie to perl and trying to solve a problem.. Here is what I'm
trying to do:

read thru flat file 'A' that looks something like this:(fields delimited by
'::')
BCSNDTJN::Joe User::1 N.
Main::Anytown::MO::None::None::None::Unknown::[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and find any duplicates based on the email address that might be in flat
file 'B'.
I want to take the duplicates and output it to another file so that I can
administer it later.

I found something in the camel book relating to hashes that might do the
trick but how do I get the flat file into a hash.

Any guidance or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike Stussie

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.