--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am also a beginner and wondering if there are any other recommended
> books other than the camel book from O'Reilly.  I have been asked to
> display information from the Oracle Database on the web using Perl
> and CGI.  So far, I mostly know how to check for patterns.  Gulp!!

LOL!!!

"Programming the Perl DBI" by Alligator Descartes and Tim Bunce

and once you get behind your ears dry,

"Advanced Perl Programming" by Sriram Srinivasan (an *excellent* book)

and maybe

"Mastering Algorithms with Perl" by Orwant, Hietaniemi and MacDonald

Still, personally, I strongly recommend a thorough understanding of the
native documentation before even bothering to spend money.
Check perldoc for:

  perlfunc # a must
  perlsyn  # a definitely should
  perlop   # you gotta know your operators
  perlvar  # builtins are your friend
  perlsub  # functions or your own!
  perldata # data structures
  perlre   # regex's...

etc., and then to graduate from the kit to the toolbox,

  perlmod
  perlreftut
  perlref
  perlobj