hello, all. i just signed onto this list, and i have to say *wow, it's active!*. just
got my first digest version, and it has over 1,400 lines in it!

well, anyway, while i hope to be able to help out and give advice and answers to many
people on this list, i have a question of my own right now.

i am making a perl program (using Tk for a GUI), and it makes frequent use of my() and
many subroutines. up till now, i've just been having the program work by passing
scalarref's from one my'ed sub to the next using &this_sub(\$ref1, \$ref2);, etc.

but, now that i'm near the end of completing this program, i have found a spot where i
will basically need to do the opposite. i will need to have one subroutine that
generates the values formerly passed along as arguments to the many other subs, and
now have these many other subs be bale to calkl this new subroutine, and get *back*
info, instead of just sending it.

so, in short, any way i can get a subroutine to send *back* arguments to the piece of
code that called it? all of this will be within the same program, i just am hoping
there is a way to do this.

thanks all.

--
   /\    --- Adam Theo ---