to mr meltzer, mr cline, and mr mccoy of the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list:

Thank You!!! that was it! i remember looking at return function
before, briefly, but for some reason had thought it was only for
working within control loops... please, don't ask me why, it seems
stupid to me, too, now...

but yep, that was it. in fact, that was the final piece of the
puzzle... thanks to you you guys, my program is now running with all
the basic functions i wanted in it (more will come in later releases,
i'm sure), and without any errors. it isn't pretty. in fact, it could
be called down right ugly (both the interface and the code), but after
a couple of months pulling my hair out over a problem, solving it,
then only to come accross another, it can wait a little while...

woo-hoo! break out the champaigne, slice up the tallcake, and watch the
female dancers pop out of it (maybe not in that order, though).

--
   /\    --- Adam Theo ---
  //\\   Theoretic Solutions (www.Theoretic.com)